Another unique feature of the Shuswap Lake Region is, that there are six award winning wineries in our region! They are all family run and produce special cool climate wines that are not available from other areas of British Columbia.
Even though the Shuswap region is considered part of the Okanagan wine growing season, the climate here is cooler than in the Southern interior regions of BC and therefore creates unique challenges (and incredible tastes) for these producers.
Shuswap Lake region wineries
- Larch Hills Winery
- Celista Estate Winery
- Granite Creek Estate
- Ovino Winery
- Recline Ridge Winery
- Sunnybrae Vineyards & Winery
Some handy tips for your wine tours:
- Check corresponding website for tour and tasting room hours
- Designate a driver to have a more relaxed and safe touring experience
- Remember that some wineries only produce wine in limited quantities, so if you like something, stock up as you're there!
- Some wineries have a picnic area that will allow you to enjoy a glass of wine with the lunch or snack you brought along.